Linux has been used for quite some time now. However, the technology is improved day by day to meet the needs of all the users. Of late, there are changes which have created the new Linux type, the Linux 5.3 kernel. In this type, there are lots of alterations which need to be excited about by the various users. The changes are recognized right from the Radeon RX 5700 Navi support to vary many CPU adjustments and following performance tasks that tend to aid the newer apple MacBook laptops as well as the enabling of the Intel speed select technology. The further improvements and developments for this Linux include:
The Linux Graphics
- There is the improvement of the previous AMDGPU Navi support to the newly emerging Radeon RX 5700 series. This was done by the lots of fixes made by the Navi.
- Again, there is the turning of the TU116 support within an open-source nouveau driver. This improvement has been enhanced for limited NVIDIA graphics aid.
- Still, the new developments of the graphics make it possible for the latest Intel HDR display support to be ready to move from the kernel side for both the Geminilake and icelake or even newer items.
- Moreover, the MSM DRM driver is now capable of supporting the Adreno 540 GPU from Qualcomm.
- Another of the most critical improvement in the graphics sector is the fact that the new version of Linux is capable of computing the shader support for the Broadcom V3D driver which is used by such gadgets as the raspberry Pi4.
- Intel speeds select technology: this technology has improved, and the new one is supported as one of the features which were previously found ion the Intel cascade lake processors. The new speed select makes it possible for more granular power or performance controls to occur on the per-core basis.
- Arm SoCs and boards: while trying to boost the state of all the existing boards such as the NVIDIA Jetson, the new version of Linux text to support lots of new Arm SoCs as well as other committees.
- Addition of the Intel icelake NNPI support: this support has been added to many drivers in the latest changes which have been witnessed with Linux.
- Improved tracking of AVX-512 usage: the new version of Linux will be able to track in the most comfortable way possible the AVX 512 usage apps to give room for additional placement of optimal tasks.
- Support of the Intel multi-die CPU topology: the newly emerging version of Linux has the best support for the cascade lake processors for the AP.
The Linux File Systems or Storage
- Systems UBIFS: the Linux UBIFS can now support the compression of the Zstd file systems which was initially not possible.
- The NFS Client: these clients have changed in the sense that the emerging clients are capable of giving room for various TCP connections to the server through the newly introduced connect-mount options.
- Introduction of VirtIO PMEM driver: this feature has been introduced in the latest version of the Linux to help in the persistent supply of the memory for the para-visualized due to the specification of the VirtIO.
- The improvements of Celph
- The advances in the Btrfs and XFS Cleanups
- The introduction of the SWAP files support for the F2FS.
- Working keyboards and trackpad support: with the introduction of this version of Linux, it is now possible for the 2015-ish MacBook and MacBook pros to having functioning support for their trackpad and keyboards. This was developed by the apple SPI driver that was availed just the other day.
- Support for ASUS TUF Gaming laptop: this support has been availed through the ASUS WMI driver
- Addition of chrome OS platform: this platform is created to entail such things as lid angle sensor driver as well as other additional drivers which are used in the working with the google custom embedded controller on the chrome books.
On the basis of the equipment, the significant improvements in Linux have been on the new input device support that includes the various Wacom tablets, as well as the Saitek racing wheel. Similarly, there is better support of the 100GbE network driver. Better support has also been witnessed on the Google GVE network driver for the new network gadgets to be utilized by the compute engine of Google.
The Bottom Line
Linux has improved since its conception, and the latest improvements and changes in the making and even in the working of this technology is meant to enhance better user experience. With the upgrades and changes herein, it is possible for the user of the technology devices such as the telecommunication sector and even the computing sector to use various technology features with a lot more comfortable. Processing, graphics, hardware features, and other aspects of laptops and other machines have been enhanced by the improvements herein.